Senior Associate – Commercial Team
Dylan is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Commercial team, with particular expertise in IP, technology, corporate advisory and commercial transactions.
Dylan grew up on the Gold Coast before working in senior roles in Queensland’s largest law firm, the London office of the world’s largest law firm, and the Brisbane office of an Australian top tier law firm.
He has very broad experience locally and globally leading transactions and advising local, State and national governments, global brands, listed and unlisted companies, small and medium enterprises, high net worth individuals and innovators, creatives and start up founders across a range of industries and professions. His work involves advising clients in both day to day “business as usual” matters and large transformational projects and strategic investments.
Dylan was judged a finalist in the Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 awards in the intellectual property category, which recognise the best lawyers in Australia under the age of 30. He has been described in media as “an outstanding lawyer period, not even considering his age.” His ability to understand complex matters and provide clients with high-quality legal advice and commercial insights has won him the praise of partners and clients alike.
Whether buying or selling a business, bringing onboard an investor, launching a product, expanding into new markets, protecting your IP, implementing an IT system or transforming your business strategy, Dylan’s mantra is to deliver technically excellent, commercially focused advice on time and on budget, and take every interaction with clients and colleagues as an opportunity to build the relationship.
- Commercial Contracts
- Corporate Advisory and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Start Ups, Shareholder Arrangements and Joint Ventures
- Intellectual Property
- Information Technology, Digital Media and Data Privacy
- Sport, Sponsorship and Brand Strategy
- Research, Development and Commercialisation
- Major Procurement and Tender Processes
- Business Law and Franchising
- Foreign Investment
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of International Business
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Skills and Ethics
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Queensland Law Society