Employer Sponsored Visas Australia
Employers may need to source quality employees overseas to support their Australian Business.
There are a number of visa options:
Temporary Skilled Shortage (TSS) subclass 482
- This visa allows employers to sponsor workers for a temporary visa of up to four years. Only certain occupations are eligible. The employer must apply to become a Standard Business Sponsor and then nominate either short-term or medium-term occupations from the relevant occupation lists.
- Applicants apply to fill the nominated position providing evidencing of two years’ full-time relevant work experience, English language skills and must have no serious medical conditions.
- Employers must pay a Training Levy for all nominations made from 12 August 2018. The Levies are:
- smaller organisations – $1,200.00 per year of the visa
- larger organisations (over $10M turnover) – $1,800.00 per year of the visa
Employer Nomination Scheme subclass 186
- This is a permanent visa where the employee is nominated by the employer and generally has a higher skill level than that required for the TSS visa.
- Employers must pay a Training Levy. The Levies are:
- smaller organisations – $3,000.00 one off payment;
- larger organisations (over $10M turnover) – $5,000.00 one off payment.
Regional Sponsored Skilled Migration Scheme (RSMS) subclass 187
- Employers in regional areas of Australia can sponsor employees for their vacant job opportunities.
- The employee will need a higher skill set than that required for the TSS visa.
- This is a permanent visa however it may be cancelled if the employee leaves the employment within two years.
- Employers must pay the Training Levy as for the subclass 186 visa.
Our experienced team of migration lawyers can assist business owners with their sponsorship applications, as well as employees nominated for those visas. A consultation with us to choose the best option for you is recommended.
Please contact us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the Contact Us form below to arrange an appointment.