The Law and You 6th July, 2021
6 July, 2021Estate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationThe Law and You
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 6th July 2021 here:
- Capital Gains Tax implications of selling a property consisting of shops, your home and rental sheds;
- Further discussion on how you might protect the title of an unencumbered property from either being fraudulently sold or alternatively having a mortgage fraudulently put on the property;
- Discussion about the Enduring Power of Attorney contained in an Advance Health Directive (and in particular the fact that it is limited to personal and health matters) and the requirement of doing a separate Enduring Power of Attorney for financial matters if you elect to use the Enduring Power of Attorney contained within the Advance Health Directive;
- Is a refusal by a business to allow you to enter their premises to purchase goods if you refuse to enter a QR Code a breach of the Trade Practices Act;
- Can a father of a child who is not on the birth certificate of a child get a DNA test without the mother’s consent to see whether he is the father or not;
- If you have full custody and sole parental rights in relation to a child and the mother only has two hours of supervised access per fortnight, can you move from the Gold Coast to Brisbane for employment purposes without the mother’s consent;
- Under a Will if you leave your estate to two children and one dies who does the estate go to.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.