The Law and You – 9th May 2023
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 18th Apr 2023 here:
- Discussion on “greenwashing” and in particular that ASIC has issued a further Infringement Notice against another Superannuation Fund for false and mis-leading advertising concerning green investments for that Super Fund.
- Discussion about an investigation by ASIC and subsequent prosecution by the Commonwealth of former promoters of a Gold Coast Investment Scheme where the promoters have each been sentenced to eight and a half years jail after defrauding funds from pensioner and other vulnerable investors as well as the successful prosecution of a former Westpac Loan Manager who was sentenced to three and a half years jail
- How much money can a pensioner give away each year without affecting their pension?
- Is the estate of a person still liable for their HECS/HELP debt after they die?
- How can you ensure that your half of a home owned by you with your partner will ultimately go to your children?
- Further discussion about the necessity for young people to have a Will and Enduring Power of Attorney.
- If your house is solely in your wife’s name, can you get the old age pension?
- How can you get access to a Will after the Testator has died where you are the Executor and where the Will is held by a firm of solicitors?
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.