The Law and You – 21st September, 2021
21 September, 2021Estate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationThe Law and You
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 21st September 2021 here:
- Will a wife be required to pay a Residential Accommodation Deposit if her husband has already gone into care and a RAD has been paid but the house where the wife is living is in the husband’s name solely;
- Discussion about funds held in Trust for a child under age when a person dies intestate;
- Are Trusts that are set up under a Will for charitable purposes subject to the rules against perpetuity;
- Discussion about the pros and cons of setting up inter vivos Trusts versus Testamentary Trusts for children;
- Discussion about what impact divorce has upon the validity of a Will;
- Commentary on the Australian Taxation Office Task Force which has launched an enforcement drive against disguised foreign income as gifts or loans;
- Discussion of the work of Australia’s Serious Financial Crime Task Force over the last 6 years which has resulted in the conviction and sentencing of 15 people and the raising of liabilities of approximately $1 Million;
- Recent changes to the drink driving laws in Queensland which now mandate ignition interlock devices for mid-range drink driving offences.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.