The Law and You – 14th September 2021
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 14th September 2021 here:
- Is it necessary for both parties to be represented if you wish to transfer a property to one of your children by way of gift or can one Lawyer act in relation to such a matter;
- Is a General Power of Attorney and separate Enduring Guardianship in New South Wales valid in Queensland;
- Do you require a separate Tax File Number if you are the Trustee of a Will or more importantly a Testamentary Discretionary Trust established under a Will and if so how do you go about getting a Tax File Number;
- Reminder of the upcoming anniversary of the introduction of the new Enduring Power of Attorney laws in Queensland which started on 30 November 2020 and in particular the prohibition on a service provider where a person resides being Attorney under an Advance Health Directive;
- Comment on the Australian Tax Office Tax Avoidance Task Force pursuit of large corporations and smaller businesses in relation to tax evasion activities and in particular the improper use of Trusts and the money that has been recovered;
- With summer approaching a reminder that people should carefully check the Lease Terms for commercial premises in relation to airconditioning to make sure who is responsible for both the maintenance costs and also capital replacement costs because these can be quite expensive.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.