The Law and You – 7th September 2021
7 September, 2021Estate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationThe Law and You
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 7th September 2021 here:
- What courses of action are available where a Solicitor has charged 50% more than the cost estimate provided under a Disclosure Notice and Cost Agreement;
- What issues do you need to consider if your daughter has purchased an apartment in your name several years ago and you now wish to transfer it back to your daughter so that you can in the next few years apply for the Old Age Pension;
- If you are purchasing a property “off the plan” and in particular an apartment or townhouse, how can you be sure that what you end up with when the development is ultimately completed is what you expected to receive ie. the dimensions of the property and the standard of finishes;
If you are now on a full Pension and have a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund but are about to receive funds from the finalisation of a group action where the administration of your previous Superannuation Fund was negligent, can you put the settlement you receive into your Super;
- General discussion about the types of elaborate scams that are being operated at the present time and in particular ones that rely on cold calling, sending SMS messages and sending emails;
- What rights do you have if you are purchasing a home where the contract provides for vacant possession but you are worried that the tenants won’t be out in time for settlement.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.