The Law and You – 17th November 2020
17 November, 2020Commercial Law & Business TransactionsEmployment LawEstate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationThe Law and You
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 17th November 2020 here:
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- What issues does a small not-for-profit corporation need to consider when one of the committee members wants to review the Contract of a newly appointed CEO before their probationary period expires;
- How can you best protect inheritance you are intending to leave to children when you are worried about their maturity to deal with their inheritance;
- Problems with the Gold Coast City Council in relation to a massive water bill as a result of a water leak when the solicitor acting for the buyer notified an incorrect postal address;
- What possible legal ramifications could there be if you wish to make a gift of money to a child of your late de facto partner in circumstances where your de facto partner had no Will and no assets when they passed away;
- What should a person do when they have been separated for 16 years but never divorced and never spoken and do not have a Will;
- Discussion about the break-up of the figure being quoted in the media of $1.2 Billion as the settlement of the Robodebt claim against the Federal Government.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.