The Law and You – 6th Sep 2022
6 September, 2022Estate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationThe Law and You
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 6th Sep 2022 here:
- Outline of the changes coming in relation to Land Tax laws in Queensland which will take effect on and from 30 June 2023;
- Enduring Powers of Attorney, can you include a provision which allows your Attorneys to be reimbursed for travel and other expenses if they are located in a foreign country and can you appoint someone from New Zealand as your Attorney;
- If a Will was made 25 years ago and provided for inter survivorship and then for the Estate to go to a child but without specific reference to grandchildren, do you need to re-do your Will or can the current Will still suffice;
- Discussion about superannuation which was taken over by the trustee of the Will to pay the maintenance education welfare and advancement in life of an infant beneficiary;
- Discussion about difficulties in obtaining a response from an insurance company in relation to a claim and who you should contact;
- What should you do if you can’t find your Will and an original signed copy is not held by the Lawyer who prepared it;
- Who do you contact if you are having difficulty in obtaining payment of a claim for insurance in relation to tickets which could not be used;
- Where can you go to get free legal assistance if you live in Coolangatta;
- Complex enquiry in relation to Estate of former husband who has passed away and suspicions by the caller that they have not been paid what they may have been entitled to either from the husband’s Estate or from the parents of the former husband and recommendations to refer enquiry to the Legal Assistance Office in Southport.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.