The Law and You – 4th Oct 2022
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 4th Oct 2022 here:
- Date on Land Tax in Queensland and in particular discussing the decision by the government to scrap the proposed changes for 2023;
- If a child wishes to pay out your mortgage and you are on a pension, will this affect your pension;
- What do you do when your neighbour won’t agree to your fencing demands as per a Notice to Fence which has been served;
- Discussion on various types of property and in particular whether they will attract Land Tax or not;
- Discussion about the Australian government draft legislation which has been released to clarify how crypto currencies will be taxed with retrospective effect from 1 July 2021;
- Discussion concerning proposed increases in penalties where breaches of privacy occur with data held by large companies following on from the Optus data breach;
- Proposal to substantially increase the penalties which are provided under the Competition and Consumer Act as well as the Australian Consumer Law.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.