The Law and You – 31st Jan 2023
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 31st Jan 2023 here:
- Following on from last week’s program a detailed explanation is given of the limited circumstances in which a retaining wall may be considered to be a dividing fence under the provisions of the Neighbourhood Dispute Resolution Act (Diving Fences).
- Consideration of how long should it take for a distribution to be made where an estate is not contested?
- Should a body corporate be liable for damages where a sewerage leak is notified to the body corporate, but it fails initially to act on that advice resulting in damage to your apartment?
- What should you do if your spouse is in hospital and the Adult Guardian intends to bring an application before QCAT to have you removed as attorney for your spouse?
- What action can you take if fraudulent charges appear on your credit card and the bank is saying these charges were verified through a verification code sent to your phone, but you did not do this and it appears your phone was “ported” to allow a third party to do this?
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.