The Law and You – 25th Oct 2022
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 25th Oct 2022 here:
- How can you change your principal place of residence from your name solely into the name of yourself and your spouse;
- How should you deal with trees that are overhanging your property from an adjoining home;
- Discussion about the fact that divorce revokes any provision made in your Will for your former husband and also removes that person as executor and therefore whether you should consider making a new Will;
- Does ownership of assets as joint tenants (e.g. bank accounts) remove the need for Probate and how simple is it for those accounts to be transferred into the name of the survivor;
- Can you change property that is owned as joint tenants to tenants in common and vice versa;
- Discussion about a case in Switzerland which found that a widower was discriminated against in relation to pension benefits because his pension expired when his youngest child reached the age of majority whereas a widow in the same situation would receive a life-long pension;
- How can you use the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal to recover money that is owing to you if the debt is less than $25,000.00.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.