The Law and You – 24th May 2022
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 24th May 2022 here:
- Do you need to change your Will if one of your children changes their name;
- What should you do to make sure a self-prepared Codicil to a Will can be legally enforceable;
- What steps should you take if you wish to leave two of your children out of your Will so as to minimise the possibility of them making a claim;
- If you have a Will with The Public Trustee and you no longer wish to have The Public Trustee as Executor, can you change the Executor by Codicil and remove your Will from The Public Trustee’s Office;
- What should your son do if he has purchased a house that his girlfriend has moved into and you are concerned that she is not contributing to the property and may make a later claim for property if they break up;
- Can you look for remedies if building works carried out on your property have not been completed in a good and tradesman like manner;
- Update in relation to the Australian Taxation Office recent review of Trust distributions for Family Trusts;
- Comments on the establishment of The Public Trustee Advisory and Monitoring Board to hopefully overcome the serious problems with The Public Trustees Office which came out of a recent Four Corners program;
- What expenses can be paid from the bank account of a deceased after they have died but before Probate has been issued and in particular can funeral and other expenses be paid from bank accounts.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.