The Law and You – 16th November 2021
16 November, 2021Estate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationThe Law and You
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 16th November 2021 here:
- Issues in relation to dividing fences where a tree has caused damage to the fence. Who is responsible?
- Requirements of a Real Estate Agent in providing a copy of an Agency Agreement and also whether it is appropriate for an Agent to attend at your home at 7:00pm at night unannounced;
- If you are a pensioner and your partner passes away, do you need to contact the Australian Taxation Office to advise;
- Query whether damage caused to a fence by tree roots might be covered by insurance;
- Discussion concerning the abolition of paper titles and how you can go about checking on your title;
- Discussion about the requirements of a hospital to see a copy of your Enduring Power of Attorney when you are admitted and how you can check to make sure the document is correct;
- Where can you find out what action you can take in relation to both the lopping of trees and also cutting down trees;
- Discussion about steps you can take to avoid falling foul of scam telephone calls and scam text messages;
- Lengthy discussion about the abolition of paper titles in New South Wales which came into effect on 12 October 2021 and follows similar steps taken in Queensland a couple of years ago.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.