The Law and You – 7 April 2020
12 June, 2020Community SupportConsumer LawEstate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationFamily LawNews & UpdatesProperty Law, Development & Conveyancing
The Law and You
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 7 April 2020 here:
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- How does the Family Court look at assets brought into a marriage when a subsequent breakdown occurs and having particular regard to the parent who will have responsibility for raising children;
- How can a person set up their affairs to minimise the possibility of a recalcitrant child receiving any share of an Estate and in particular is the use of an “inter vivos” trust useful;
- Can legal tender be refused for payment having particular regard to the current circumstances where many businesses are saying that they will only accept contactless credit card payments;
- What are your rights in getting a refund and/or credit in relation to airline tickets booked (which would normally be non-refundable) and also a cruise that has been booked but is now cancelled;
- When can you bring an application for property settlement;
- How can you deal with a fencing dispute with a neighbour who is not co-operative.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.