The Law and You – 29th Nov 2022
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 29th Nov 2022 here:
- What should you do if you made an Enduring Power of Attorney many years ago in favour of two persons jointly and one of them is now seriously ill;
- Is a shop able to refuse to accept cash for a transaction;
- What is a reasonable time to allow a travel insurance company to pay your claim;
- If you have been working permanent part-time for 29 years are you entitled to long service leave;
- What are the requirements to have a joint account put into one name after the death of one of the joint owners and what do you need to do in relation to a jointly owned house;
- Are businesses able to specify that they will only accept cash in transactions;
- How can you make sure that your superannuation goes into your estate to be distributed under your Will;
- Requirements for signing a valid Will;
- What can you do to have your birth certificate corrected if it incorrectly states your date of birth as one month earlier than your true date of birth;
- Reminder of the upcoming deadline on 30 June for Director Identification Numbers.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.