The Law and You – 25 August 2020
28 August, 2020Community SupportConsumer LawDispute Resolution, Insolvency and LitigationEstate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationNews & UpdatesProperty Law, Development & ConveyancingThe Law and You
The Law and You
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 25 August 2020 here:
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Follow up comments from last week in relation to possible copyright issues that might surround the purchase of a sewing pattern;
- What contracts can and can’t be terminated and/or varied as a result of Covid-19;
- What steps should you take if you wish to leave a family member out of your Will;
- Possible CGT implications of renting a property for three years and then moving into the property as your principal place of residence as well as the best way to possibly transfer that property to your spouse;
- When you make a new Will should you keep the old copies;
- Where can you turn if an overseas trip you were due to take was cancelled because of Covid and the re-booked date is equally looking unlikely;
- What you should do if you are thinking of terminating a Contract for works that you have agreed to have completed at your house but the contractor is failing to complete them in a timely fashion.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.