The Law and You – 1st September 2020
1 September, 2020Estate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationFamily LawThe Law and You
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 1st September 2020 here:
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Potential difficulties when you make a Power of Attorney appointing persons who reside overseas and the pros and cons of appointing attorneys in Australia;
- If you are elderly and residing in your own home can health authorities force you to leave your home and go into care;
- Can a foster carer leave a bequest to a child in their care;
- Dangers of appointed attorneys making gifts to themselves where the Power of Attorney does not contain a conflict clause;
- How long does it normally take for a Will to be administered and in particular how long before a distribution can be made;
- What is the maximum time that it will take to administer an Estate;
- What do you do when you have problems with a tradesman who comes to repair your fridge and effectively does nothing but demands the call-out fee.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.