The Law and You – 17 December 2019
5 January, 2020Community SupportConsumer LawEstate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationNews & UpdatesProperty Law, Development & Conveyancing
The Law and You
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
You can listen to the show from 17 December 2019 here:
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Using the Public Trustee to prepare your Will and in what circumstances might using a private solicitor be better?
- Updating or replacing a Will prepared by the Public Trustee
- The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (‘ACCC’) has been taking action against errant companies leading to fines of millions of dollars
- What is Probate and when is it necessary to apply for Probate?
- Joint ownership of relocatable home and transferring interest to a surviving owner
- Email scams, phishing and what you can do to keep yourself safe from cyber crime
- Whether wills need to be changed or amended when one of the executors now suffers from dementia
- The importance of giving to those less fortunate including those affected by drought and bushfires
This is the last show for 2019. The Law and You returns on 14 January 2020.
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.