July 2018 – “The Law and You”
3 August, 2018Consumer LawDispute Resolution, Insolvency and LitigationEmployment LawEstate Planning, Wills, Trusts & SuperannuationFamily LawNews & Updates
‘The Law and You’ July 2018
Every week John Fradgley 0f Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show ‘The Law and You’ on Gold Coast local radio station 4CRB. When John is away Margaret Miller, partner of Bell Legal Group, steps in as presenter.
See the subjects discussed by John and Margaret and listen to the shows from July 2018 below:
3 July 2018
• Issues surrounding a Family Provision Claim where there was a falling out with the father 12 years ago;
• Conflicts in families surrounding Estate and EPOA issues after divorce;
• Exercise of powers in making a Will and Enduring Power of Attorney and who should benefit;
• Issues to be considered by spouse when selling jointly owned home to fund entry into a Nursing Home;
• What should you do if you suspect a domestic employee has taken property from your home?
• Who to appoint as Executor and what are their responsibilities.
10 July 2018
• Issues surrounding old Wills;
• How does an Administrator protect themselves in distributing an Estate?
• Issues when a couple remain married but no longer live together;
• Issues concerning Estate where father passed away last year owning property as tenants in common in equal shares with his wife who is left a Life Interest in his share of the property then to the three children who are all Executors;
• Requirements when Estate is all held as joint tenants;
• Is it always necessary to correct your name on the Title of a property?
• Issues between a father and son who own apartments together.
17 July 2018
• Issues that arise when spouse goes into Nursing Care;
• Disputes in families when siblings have their own agenda and attempt to unduly influence an elderly parent;
• Desirability or otherwise of having an Enduring Power of Attorney.
24 July 2018 (presented by Margaret Miller)
• What should you do after separating from a de facto spouse if she won’t agree to sell the jointly owned property?
• What else should you think about after separation to protect yourself financially?
• What can you do if a deceased estate was settled 2 years ago but a beneficiary hasn’t received payment of their share?
• How can you avoid problems with retaining a tax agent (or other professional person)?
• How can a father protect himself if he loans his daughter money to buy a real property?
31 July 2018
• General issues surrounding the use of Enduring Powers of Attorney;
• Pitfalls of buying into Timeshare;
• Is it possible to sell your home without intervention of a Real Estate Agent?
• Are you ever too old to study law?
• Does tracking your own mobile phone which has been stolen amount to stalking?
Please note the topics discussed in these radio shows are general in nature. They are not legal advice and should not be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or send us an email to email@example.com