August 2018 – “The Law and You”
19 September, 2018Community SupportConsumer LawDispute Resolution, Insolvency and LitigationEstate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationFamily LawNews & UpdatesProperty Law, Development & ConveyancingThe Law and Youuncategorized
‘The Law and You’ – August 2018
Every week John Fradgley 0f Bell Legal Group presents a radio phone-in show ‘The Law and You’ on Gold Coast local radio station 4CRB. When John is away Margaret Miller, partner of Bell Legal Group, steps in as presenter.
See the subjects discussed by John and Margaret and listen to the shows from August 2018 below:
7 August 2018 (John Fradgley)
- What can a beneficiary do when you have a hostile Executor and equivocal statements as to whether you and your spouse have executed Mutual Wills?
- How should you deal with an email that threatens police action?
- What can you do to avoid the charges of the Public Trustee in administering an Estate where the Public Trustee has been appointed Executor?
- A fulsome explanation of what Mutual Wills are.
- Can a person do their Divorce Application without involving a Lawyer and if so how do you go about it?
14 August 2018 (John Fradgley)
- What do you need to do to complete an Enduring Power of Attorney when you have downloaded it from the internet?
- Purchase of a new fob watch which didn’t work when the purchaser opened the watch on arrival at home.
- Protection of a property held as tenants in common for the benefit of the caller’s son where the husband has a gambling problem.
- Can a couple get a stamp duty exemption on the division of real estate before their divorce becomes absolute?
- What are the capital gains tax implications of renting out your principal place of residence for two years before you actually move into the property?
- What action can you take when a Solicitor is delaying finalisation of an estate administration?
21 August 2018 (Margaret Miller)
- What can you do if a contractor’s work is not only defective but he does more damage that has to be repaired by someone else;
- How can someone transfer their share of a real property to an adult child;
- How can you enforce consumer rights with a faulty vehicle;
- Who is responsible if a trespasser is attacked by a kangaroo in an ecological village that has warning signs placed at the entrance?
- How can you transfer a real property without stamp duty when a marriage ends?
28 August 2018 (John Fradgley)
- Is a parent liable for the debts of a child where the child dies virtually penniless and without a Will?
- Where someone looks after their neighbour for approximately 1 ½ years on the understanding that the person’s Estate is going to be left to them but finds out after they pass away that this did not happen;
- Family Law where a mother has been told to leave the home of her partner and the only accommodation she can reasonably go to is 1,000 kilometres away.
Please note the topics discussed in these radio shows are general in nature. They are not legal advice and should not be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the Contact Us form below.