The Law and You – 21 May 2019
27 August, 2019Community SupportConsumer LawDispute Resolution, Insolvency and LitigationEstate Planning, Estate Administration and Disputes, Trusts and SuperannuationFamily LawProperty Law, Development & ConveyancingUncategorized
The Law and You
Each week John Fradgley of Bell Legal Group presents a radio talk-back show on Gold Coast’s Community Radio Station 4CRB called ‘The Law and You’ where listeners call in and ask John their questions about a wide range of legal issues.
On 21 May 2019 John was away on holiday so Margaret Miller, partner of Bell Legal Group, hosted the show. You can listen to it here:
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Agreements with real estate agents and how to terminate them
- Can you be liable for commission if a purchaser buys with a later real estate agent
- Importance of seeking legal advice before you retain a real estate agent or sign a contract to buy a property
- Consumer rights where a very short warranty is provided as “company policy”
- Can you make a claim for property settlement where you have signed an agreement without legal advice
- Time limits for de facto and marital property claims in court
- Superannuation and how it applies to estate assets
- Binding nominations, lapsing and non-lapsing
- Why a real property held as a joint tenancy is not part of an estate
Please note the topics discussed in this radio show are general in nature. None of the comments made by the presenter constitute legal advice and nor should they be taken as such. If you have a legal query and would like advice or assistance, please call us on 07 5597 3366 or complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form below.