Senior Associate - Family Law
Alex is our Senior Associate, Family Law in our Dispute Resolution and Litigation Department.
He is experienced in advising and representing clients in all aspects of Family Law. From multi-million dollar property disputes, to parenting cases involving special needs children.
Prior to joining our team he was a sole practitioner having previously worked for another Gold Coast firm. In the UK Alex enjoyed a varied legal career including running teams of litigation staff and management consulting on complex high value industrial and commercial projects.
Since practising law in Australia Alex has developed a strong empathy with the practice of family law. This is now his dedicated area of legal practice with a clear focus upon the best outcome for his clients. Whilst he strives to avoid litigation wherever possible, if court is required Alex is an extremely experienced and robust advocate. He has appeared in numerous courts in both Australia and the UK.
Alex is a dual Australian and British national having migrated to Australia from England in 2005. He is married with 3 young sons who keep him very busy outside of the office. He is current President of their school’s P&C Association. An Aston Villa F.C. tragic, when time allows he enjoys sports, literature and Indian cuisine.
- Family Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Courtroom Advocacy
- Family Law Property Settlements
- Binding Financial Agreements
- Parenting matters
- Children with special needs
- Domestic and Family Violence issues
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Master of Laws
- QLS Practice Management Course
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section
- Member of the Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland
- Member of the Gold Coast District Law Association
Personal Assistant: Pam Viljeon,firstname.lastname@example.org