As the Government responds to the 457 Integrity Review and actions to implement the recommendations, the following changes have been introduced:
- Expansion of the list of English language providers, to include testing of English as a Foreign language internet-based test (TOEFL 1BT); Pearson Test of English (PTE); and Cambridge English Advanced (CEA) test;
- Lowering of the overall test score to average 5 with a minimum score of 4.5 on each test component (reading, writing, speaking and listening);
- Extending the term of standard business sponsorship from 3 to 5 years commencing from the date of approval for businesses that have been operating for more than 12 months;
- Extending the sponsorship period for start-up businesses (business operating for less than 12 months) from 12 months to 18 months; and
- Extending the notifiable period for sponsors from 10 working days to 28 calendar days.
For more detailed information about these changes please contact: Esef Mirascija MARN 0000959 of our office.